The preliminary numbers are in and so far we’ve collected $10,787.50 and 14,093 lbs of food collected for Indianapolis food banks! Customers of Fresh Thyme brought in 1,200 lbs. Thank you so much to the Mayor’s Office, the Companies and all the volunteers for such a successful campaign. Don’t stop giving.
All of the partners and the city are meeting in a press conference at the City Council building this Friday to kick off the Caravan of Care! This is such an amazing event, the culmination of months of planning between nonprofit Front Porch Alliance, the city’s food banks, private sector companies donating time and energy, the city leadership who led the event, and the media promoting it.
Friday, December 18th Agenda
- 7:00 AM – FOX59 will be shooting live from the City County Council Building
- 9:00 AM – Alabama Street will be blocked off
- 10:30 AM – All trucks are lined up and ready
- 11:00 AM – Press conference begins with Mayor
- 11:30 AM – Caravan starts to bring the first shipments of good to MidWest!
What an incredible success this year – well worth celebrating! And please support the companies that took the time to help their community!